Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday... BS Friday

I'll be posting my introduction soon, as I plan on restarting this blog... However, I feel like this cannot wait. 

This black Friday BS needs to stop, so many people get hurt, and most people show what total scum they can be. Pushing, shoving, trampling, stealing items from other shoppers.

There's been two incidents where people have been pepper sprayed by a shopper wanting to get the "edge" on deals that I know of. My parents at the store getting food, not gifts, had people literally shoving them forward trying to get to the register first...You're already in line, what does pushing do? My parents are in their 60s ffs.

Among the stories is this one. The police have also tased people for cutting in line. (From what I know.)
I can't say if the police acted right or abused him, I wasn't there.

I made the mistake of going out on black Friday once, when I was 16. The store was packed. I mean PACKED. You couldn't move without bumping into someone, it was in all honesty shoulder to shoulder. THAT packed.

People destroy the store displays, hurt others, even hurt children. Then I wonder...You know what this BS is like, why oh why the heck would you bring a child to that?!

Please please please stores, end this BS. All of this to save a few bucks. Greed brings out the worst in people.

7 comments:

  1. I think the way people act is deplorable, but the simple fact that they're purchasing so much crap is what kills me. No wonder America is full of hoarders. Half of this stuff is going to end up in a landfill by Spring, it's disgusting. I think we should invest in our lives and experiences rather than things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to your comment - You cannot be more right. I had a moment of greed today which really made me think.

    Angie and I used to love to go to airsoft games, but due to financial problems we had to sell our gear. Today my mom told me she would talk my dad into getting us some new stuff. We both got excited, hyper, even called the store to ask them to hold what we wanted. When my parents came home my mom told me my dad couldn't do it. I was disappointed, felt so down "Awww I was so excited to get new stuff!" Then it just hit like a brick...Why do I feel this way? They've done so much for me! If they weren't helping us we'd be homeless! They went out of their way, stretched their money to get us a fantastic gift for Christmas and I wanted and expected more?! I feel really bad at myself for letting greed get control of me like that, but at the same time I feel happy...After going through a bankruptcy I finally realize that I don't need this crap, that I'm happy with what I have, and very grateful for everything my family and friends do for me, that they are there for me. To me that means more than any gifts, and I hope I can keep this attitude with me the rest of my life.

    To quote Pinkie Pie "No need to bring a gift, Being there will be enough...Birthdays (All holidays really!) mean having fun with friends, Not getting lots of stuff!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. We all love to receive gifts. It's fun and exciting and makes us feel special but putting your hard work and love and time into something to gift is extra special. I have ideals in my head about how I would raise my children, if I ever decide to have any, and I want to live that lifestyle now. I want to be appreciative, to be curious and learn to do new things, and to live a simple lifestyle. I can't live simply while being surrounded by things. Also, if I have to buy someone a present, I like to buy books because they can be passed along for others to enjoy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you, hun bun. I'm glad that we weren't part of the madness this year. (Or any year!) I also can't believe people take their children to these places! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree. As a retail veteran, I've seen a lot of ridiculous Black Friday drama. I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving or Black Friday because of that. It doesn't do much in the grand scheme of things, but I at least feel like I'm taking a stand.

    On a happier note, I'm so excited that you've started blogging again. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say much because I tend to be one of those people that goes out on Black Friday. Why? Probably greed, I don't know. I find the actions some people take to be deplorable, outlandish, dangerous even. I, fortunately, have never experienced anything of the sort. In fact, this year, we had a lot of fun and I actually met some potential new friends.

    I'm not trying to justify going out on Black Friday but to each their own, unless pepper spray is involved.

    In other news, as Tab said, I'm really glad you're starting your blog again. I absolutely love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I didn't actually comment on this, I know I read it when you posted it...

    Anyway, I agree, entirely. Black Friday is the devil.

    ReplyDelete